1. Spread the chain around the back of the tire of your 2001-2006 Sprinter Van.
2. Connect the yellow and blue cable at the back of the tire.
3. Push the cable into place behind the tire and center the cross chains on the tire’s tread. Then, on the front side of the tire, join the 2 ends of the yellow side chain using the green hook.
4. Feed the silver draw chain with the rubber tensioner through the red channel at the bottom and pull it tight. Then run the tensioner through the red rings. (Note: Depending on your tire size, you might not be able to thread through both rings.) Pull the tensioner across the tire and fasten it to the yellow chain on the opposite side.
5. Pull your T1N 2001-2006 Sprinter Van forward and retighten the chain.
Class “S” Designation
SAE Class “S” tire chains are designed for use on T1N 2001-2006 Sprinter Van with restricted wheel well clearance. Certain newer cars, vans and small trucks, especially those with large, aftermarket tires, may require Class “S” chains.
These chains will fit your T1N 2001-2006 Sprinter Van tires provided there is both:
- A – a minimum of 1.46″ (37 mm) between the top of the tire tread and the wheel well
- B – at least 0.59″ (15 mm) between the tire’s sidewall and the T1N 2001-2006 Sprinter Van itself.
How to Choose Snow Chains for Your Sprinter Van
To choose the right snow chain, you must match your tire size. Those measurements can be found on the side of your tire, as shown below.
- (185) – indicates tire width in millimeters
- (60) – gives you the aspect ratio (sidewall height as percentage of width)
- (15) – denotes the diameter of the wheel rim in inches
Chain Diamond Alloy Snow Tire Chains – Square Links – Passenger T1N 2001-2006 Sprinter Van
These chains fit the following T1N 2001-2006 Sprinter Van tire sizes: